Friday, October 17, 2014

Korean Ramyeon Rundown

During my last few weeks in Korea, I realized I had picked one kind of ramyeon I liked and failed to branch out to the dozens of types that fill supermarket and corner store shelves. I googled "best Korean ramyeon" and became enlightened by the god of instant noodles, the Ramen Rater. I didn't fancy all ten items on his list, and couldn't find others, but here's my very quick review of the ones I did try. 

Bt the way, everyone in the states should liberate themselves from Maruchan ramen and find the Asian food mart. (or even aisle, if your grocery store is bougie like that). Also in Korean, 



Buldalk Bokkeumyeon
Slimy Sauce. Such SPICY! 

6/10





Bibimmyeon

I can eat them cold or warm AND I taste apple and cucumber?! 

8/10






Jinja Jinja

The peanut taste is so delicate.

8.5/10






Namja

Chewy noodles. I enjoy enjoying it because it's supposed to be for 'namja's (men). 

8.5/10







Kko Kko

Tastes like a bowl of chicken quesadilla. 

9.5/10



Extra props to the RAMEN RATER. Dude has a BLOG about RAMEN. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment