Monday, November 4, 2013

Moving and Grooving




I moved out of my box-room and into my apartment yesterday! It was raining when I first woke up, but the weather cleared up by the time I was ready to lug all my things (and many things bequeathed to me from departing teachers) to my new home.  I can't get the little video to work, so we're waiting on the ten cent tour.

Everyone came over last night for a Heineken-sponsored house warming (shout out, SG), while I unpacked and settled in.  Mauricio made scrumptious ramyun burgers, which we devoured once they were finally ready. If you want to make some, drain your cooked ramen and mix an egg or two into it. Shape into patties and fry. Pro tip: don't try to buy ground beef in Korea- 1.5 lbs was about to cost $27!! We bought some ham logs instead, sliced and fried. Yuuuum yuuum!


Today I hiked/ran/trudged the pile of trees that is in the middle of Jukjeon.  It turns out the pile has a name: Daeji Mountain Park.  The park is a fairly steep hill that actually goes over the highway, which was pretty cool.   Here are a couple sights I captured.






Thank you to everyone who's been commenting, and hi!!  I'm happy you're with me on this adventure.  This last pic is for Dad- check out this SWEET PURPLE VAN!

7 comments:

  1. Love your style girl. Keep safe. Love you, Uncle Gary and Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well guess Diane helped me again. We are enjoying all your posts. As you saw uncle Scott is now following you. You are a good writer. Let us know how your class is. Looking to see the kids and your classroom.
    LOVE,
    STAY SAFE,
    Grandma &Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a typical Caroline day, eating, hiking and enjoying the moments as they are. You're Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only thing that would make it better-flames, maybe some rims, tinted windows... remember what make it was ? Love Ya- DAD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    LOVE the blog ... Dont know how I got on but I read it all good photos
    Still no air tickets still trying !!!!!!
    LOVE
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete